Thursday, April 3, 2008

My mother's green thumb

I ran over to my parents this evening to take photos of some W.O.F. items (weird object Friday). I was having trouble finding items around my own house and Mom and Dad have some incredible things that I can't wait to show you. I took pictures of stuff for about the next 6 Friday's. Anyway while I was there I noticed Mom's amaryllis. Isn't it beautiful?!! My mother can grow anything. You'll be seeing a lot of her gardens on my blog this summer. Her and Dad both work hard on their gardens and love every minute of it. I love to garden too but my gardens pale in comparison. One of my favorite things to do in the spring and summer is to take Seadra and Zoe over to my parents in the evening and sit and enjoy the gardens. They share it all too. I always come home with fresh cut flowers and all the fresh veggies I want from the gardens. I don't have a veggie garden (I hope to someday) but last year I found some okra plants at the nursery. I bought them and gave them to Mom and Dad who planted them and grew okra for me. It just doesn't get any better, they are so good to me!!
Here's a close up of the amaryllis. Tune in tomorrow for W.O.F. I'm going to play a guessing game with mine.

4 comments:

Minerva said...

Can't wait!
And thanks for reminding me- I forgot about W.O.F.

The flowers are beautiful.

Ben said...

That is a tall amaryllis! We had one once inside and you could really notice it shooting up every day. You're fortunate to have parents, their gardens - and their weird objects - close by!

Jessica said...

Yes, I am so fortunate to have them close by. Forever we lived about 25 miles from each other then just 2 years ago they built a house just 4 miles from me. I love having them close by. They say they did that so we could take care of them in their old age....jokingly of course.

Peanut said...

Can your mom come grow some plants for me?