Sunday, April 13, 2008

Good Morning!

Mornings are my favorite time of day. I was up before the birds this morning. When I let the dogs out I could hear them singing from the trees but I saw no activity yet. Everyone is still in bed, the television is off, the dogs are quietly snuggled in the chair next to me, and I am relishing in the peace and quiet. I would like to go and sit on the front porch swing but it is only 30 degrees outside. But.... it has stopped raining. I am sitting here watching the hamsters eat breakfast. And blogging of course. Last night we had our annual end of the year snowmobile club banquet at a local restaurant. About 45 club members were there. That's were we celebrate our successful and safe year of snowmobiling, our hard work on the trails and awards are given out. I actually got an award.... "Rookie of the year". It was noted that I, being an inexperienced rider, hung in there and did a full year of riding with the club and that they appreciated my efforts and participation. Wow, they noticed!! If you can't beat em, join em. One of the nice things about our club is that we continue to have club activities all year long, not just when snow is on the ground. In the summer we have club bonfires and cookouts, hayrides, etc. It's a great group of people, very family oriented.

Time to start waking people up and get ready for church. Have a great Sunday.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Jess,
Congrats on rookie of the year! Was this your first year riding? Me & the hubby are thinking of trying snowmobiling next year for the 1st time.
Shell

Jessica said...

Hi Shell... Actually it's my third year of snowmobiling but before this year I had never rode more than 30 miles in a day. And I never joined in on any club rides because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep up. This is the first year that I joined in on some of the club rides where somedays we rode 125 miles.

My husband and the kids have been riding for years but I always refused because I was afraid of it and I hate to be cold. But I really surprised myself. It's great fun and if you have the proper equipment you stay nice and warm.

You really should try it and being where your cabin is.... that is snowmobile heaven!! When we want to do some serious riding that's where we go... up north.