Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tree Top Walkway

My spring fever is starting to get to me.
One of the things that I am really looking forward to this spring is the new tree top walkway at Sarett Nature Center.  
I went over today and took my first walk on it.  It's really impressive.  I'm not sure how many feet up in the air it is but you really are up in the tree tops when you walk out on it!
Have you ever looked up at the tree tops and watched them sway with the wind?  It's a whole new perspective to stand near the tops of the trees and watch them sway.  You can actually feel it.   
This is the observation deck at the end.  When the leaves are on the trees in the spring I'll take another photo in this same spot and post them for comparison. 
These last two photos were taken on the deck overlooking the center.  
I'm hoping to photograph and add a lot of new birds to my list there this spring and summer. 

9 comments:

Christy said...

That is really nice looking. I was there this fall, I have family in St. Joe, and I don't remember seeing this at all. Next time I'm over there I'll have to check it out. This nature center is a very nice set up and they were working on the pond in front of the visitor center while I was there. I captured some really nice butterfly shots while I was there.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

How neat, Jessica.. Before you said it, I was thinking that it would be neat to see these same pictures during other seasons.

Beautiful walkway.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great place to take a walk.

Laura said...

I can't wait to take Kyle there when it gets nice! Would I be able to take Erin in the stroller?

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That pathway looks like the perfect spot to photograph warbles and other birds as well.I am looking forward to seeing what your adventures there will yield.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a walk way like that before. That's very clever. I have spring fever too.

Cliff said...

We are all waiting for the spring
And when it comes, joy it will bring
Especially walking up by the trees
Reaching the tops all with ease

I haven't been here in a while
I wanted to come to make you smile
A smile is what you've put on my face
Reminding me to come back to this place

Jen said...

Like climbing a tree, but better, and safer. :)

Ben said...

Looks like a great place to hang out with your camera. I love walkways like that - about every one I've been on has been closer to ground level. That will be excellent later in the spring during migration, etc.