Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Book Review

I have a new favorite book.  I'd like to give credit where credit is due but I can't remember whose blog I saw this book on.  Someone featured it on their blog the other day.  It sounded like my kind of book.   
It arrived yesterday and I love it.  It was first printed in 1977 and is no longer in print but I found it on Amazon through an outside seller.  There were quite a few copies to pick from so if you wanted one you could easily find it.  
"The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady" was written by Edith Holden in 1909.  It is the diary of a naturalist/artist.  She kept this dairy for one year of all her observations of wildlife surrounding her home.  It is illustrated with her amazing art work.  Included are thoughts, quotes, poems.....  The diary was not published until many years after her death when it was discovered on the shelf of an English country home.  This book is an absolute delight. 

On another note.... Jordan, my Mother and I are leaving tomorrow to spend a long weekend in Florida.  We'll visit my brother and Craig's parents.  We'll be visiting Busch Gardens and Sea World and I'm hoping to visit Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge too.  I've got my camera all ready.  Maybe I'll see some new to me birds.  We'll be home Monday afternoon.  See you then......  

7 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Have fun.I will be looking forward to many new pictures.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip and enjoy your new book too.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad you found it, Jessica.. Some of the best books are no longer in print and hard to find. Thank Goodness for the internet!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Ben said...

I can't imagine why you'd like that book (Sarcasm! sarcasm!)
Enjoy the sunshine!

Jen said...

You have a lot of ground to cover in a short amount of time. Enjoy~~I'm sure you will see some amazing birds in those places.

Shelley said...

Sounds like a book I would like!!

Syd said...

I heard from Cliff and can not see that you love birds. I live in coastal SC where there are quite a few birds. In fact, the ACE Basin is a big birding area. Nice blog.