Monday, February 16, 2009

My Boo Boo

You all know Seadra is her name but I call her Boo Boo.  It seems like I more often do posts about Zoe (our pug) so I thought Seadra deserved some spotlight.  Zoe is the easy happy go lucky one and Seadra is my needy neurotic sensitive one.  But even though she is the one that holds a special place in my heart. The photo above is a rare occasion.  Seadra will rarely let anyone hold and cuddle her, except for me, especially if I am in the room.  
Seadra and I have an evening ritual.  About 10:00 PM she starts beckoning me to come to bed.  She goes half way up the stairs and stares at me through the railing.  Then she lets out these little grunts...... "Come on I'm ready for bed!"  She jumps up on the bed and will not lay down until she is covered up with her own blankie.  She gets to stay with me for about an hour until Craig comes to bed.  When she hears his footsteps coming up the stairs she hops off the bed and gets into her crate.        
She has a face only a mother could love and that mother would be me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...she's one special pup!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Doggies are just like children.. They come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, and they all have different personalities. We love them all regardless...

Bless your Boo Boo.
Hugs,
Betsy

Peanut said...

No way could only a mother love it. I love her face. Peanut is my annoying one and he's my special one. :)

Shelley said...

I think she has a sweet inquisitive face! And you're a good mommy!!

Jen said...

Seadra is a cutie!
I love all my four legged kids; they all have their distinct personalities.

Anonymous said...

I can tell that Sedra is dearly loved. You've given her a wonderful life.

Cassie said...

How cute (& neurotic!)your Boo Boo is.The fact that she knows to get off the bed when your honey comes to bed is great! I had to start kicking Hootie off the bed at all times now because my sweetie says it's unfair to BabyRocketDog to allow one and not the other. Plus he peed on my featherbed a few weeks back & that was that!! He still trys to get up there,but I send him packin'.

Minerva said...

Aww-I could love that face too! Athena also has a bedtime ritual. It involves my husband not me. They go to bed together, then I come up. He gets the same grunts if he's late to bed! Must be a Boston thing!