Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ramblings...

I'm missing my blogging this week.  It's been a crazy week at work so far and I was happy to have a few hours off this morning.  I don't have to be to work until noon.  Just a few random thoughts before I head off to work.....

I filled up the car for $2.33 a gallon yesterday!!!!  I can remember paying $4.40 a gallon this past summer when we were vacationing up at Silver Lake.  

Craig flew to Florida this morning for meetings of an advisory committee he's on for the conference center.  What's so exciting about that?  We found another car only 30 miles from where he is staying and yes it's better than the one we drove to Detroit for (see you all told me we'd find a better one!).  Craig's going to check it out Friday and if it's what we want then he will drive the car home instead of flying home.  And this one will not be sold out from under us.  The dealership was nice enough to be holding it for us.  If all works out I will have a car home and in my driveway Sunday.  And Jordan will be glad to have her car back. 

On a scary note Caleb laid down the motorcycle while driving home from Craig's parents last Sunday.  He about scared me to death.  He was about 1/2 way home and we were a few miles behind him in the truck.  Craig's cell phone rang and it was Caleb saying had just wrecked the motorcycle and was in a field.  He assured us he was OK.  When we got to him he was standing there all covered in mud, dirt, grass stains and hay was hanging off of him.  Evidently the went around a curve too fast and didn't make the curve.  We are so grateful that he wasn't seriously hurt, only sore for a few days.  You can bet that Caleb will not be driving that thing again until next spring when he can take a safety course etc.... And even then I won't be thrilled.  

Time to head to work.... maybe I have time to stop for a latte on the way.  

Happy mid week......     

  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad thet you son is OK. Motorcycles scare me. I heard something on the news about why gas is so inexpensive now. The middle eastern countries lost a lot of money in the stock market too. They can't cut production, which would bring up the price of gas because they are hurting for money too.

Cliff said...

The bright side to this is mud, dirt, grass stains, and hay are all relatively soft when compared to asphalt, concrete, wood, and steel.

And I'm glad you're getting a new car for your birthday this Saturday. I didn't forget it was two days after mine.

Anonymous said...

Glad your son is okay. Sheesh, BOYS!

I think they are all out to give us Moms grey hairs!

Shelley said...

Wow - glad you're making him take a safety course! And glad he's okay!! Like Pigeon - motorcycles scare me too - my hubby has always wanted one. I told him at age 75 he can - that way we've had at least a decent amount of time together as husband & wife - LOL!
I knew you would find a better car - hope you post pics of it.
And October is such a celebatory month - my 3 year anniversary, Wixy's bday - your kids bday and your bday - all wonderful!

Jen said...

Yeah, we miss you.
Not a motorcycle fan here either, although good gas milage, your $2.33 is another good reason to park it.
Hope this car is the one; good luck.

Minerva said...

That is a scary note! I'm glad he's OK. Having a boy who drives, I know what it's like give them freedom. It comes with lots of worry.

Good luck on the car! Florida to Michigan is a heck of a test drive!

Ben said...

Hope this is the car meant for you!
As for motorcycles, my wife was on the back of one once. A car broadsided the bike and the accident broke her leg and put a serious dent in her helmet - could have been her skull. I know it's counter to what a lot of bikers advocate, but she is a strong believer in wearing helmets (which may be required in MI -I'm not sure - they are optional in OH).

Jessica said...

Ben... I can't imagine a state that doesn't have a helmet law. We do have that law in Michigan. Craig wouldn't let Caleb ride the bike around the yard without a helmet on. We are very serious about that with the snowmobiles or whatever we are riding. I'm glad your wife had her helmet on.

Amy said...

OH MY GOD! That scared me to death just reading about it! I am so thankful Caleb is okay. I think the last thing I did was hug him and tell him to be careful on Sunday when he left. Too close of a call!!