Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's growing....

A few weeks ago I showed you my new obsession of collecting Royal Copley pottery. My collection is growing very nicely. With the exception of my very first piece that I picked up at a flea market I have gotten all the rest off of eBay. Some of the pieces are planters and vases and some are figurines. I've been getting them for between $5 and $10 each. The antique stores sell them for no less than $25 so I'm getting good deals on eBay. Craig's was gone this last week in California on a business trip. He got home about 8:00 last night. After awhile he looks over at my bird collection.....
Craig: Looks like your bird collection grew while I was gone.
Jessica: (oh no, he noticed) Maybe just one or two..... or three.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

What a great thing to collect!! (You know what a bird brain I am - I love these!) I think you're going to need a bigger shelf to display your growing collection...

Minerva said...

Tell them it's an investment. They're better than a 401-K right now!!
I think they're very pretty. And you can proudly display them (unlike my growing yarn stash in the basement..)

Jen said...

These birds are great...no mess! :P
and I agree, a new shelf is in the horizon for you; better call your dad.

Ben said...

Quite am impressive menagerie (I think that's the word) there!