Thursday, October 16, 2008

6 hour drive for a burger


As some of you know we sold my car a few weeks back. We have been in no hurry to purchase another one and were being very patient scouring the Internet and such. We have fallen in love with the Lincoln Mark VIII that we bought for Jordan this past summer so we decided that we wanted to purchase another newer one with less miles for me. We found the perfect car in Detroit! Low miles, great condition, LSC model, and best of all in our price range. We only discovered the car last night and immediately made arrangements to drive to Detroit and purchase the car today. Both Craig and I got off work at noon and away we went. As we approached the car dealership and were literally pulling into the place we noticed someone driving "our car" out of the parking lot. Absolutely!! Someone was test driving the car when we got there and bought it right under our noses. I cannot tell you how frustrated I was!! A few minutes later we were on our way back home. But we did stop and buy a burger at Red Robin on the way home. That is the longest drive we've ever taken for a burger... 6 hours!!

9 comments:

Laura said...

Holy smokes! Did they know you were coming for it? How frustrating!!

Jessica said...

Yes, they absolutely knew we were coming!! Several phone calls, emails, we called them right when we were leaving... They had our cell phone number, the whole bit.

OK... I just got my blood pressure back to normal and now it's rising again!!

Anonymous said...

How unfair! I hope you can find an ever better car! At least you got a good burger out of it. We have Red Robins around here too. There is one close by the movie theatre Chris & I go to.

Shelley said...

How inconsiderate of those people - especially when they knew you were coming for it! I am apalled!

Jen said...

Oh that's terrible. Hope there is a better deal out threre waiting for you.
Funny; I just saw a Red Robin commercial last night and said'never heard of that place'.

Ben said...

I hope the burger was really, really good! That dealer should have reserved the car. I hope you find one closer to home.

gerry said...

My mother had a great faith in the rosary. Whenever anyone asked her to pray for a specific thing for them, she always prayed for the best outcome for that person-- whether it was what that person was asking for or not. Maybe the car was a lemon and someone was saying the rosary for you!

Minerva said...

There's something better out there, I'm sure. You'll be driving in your dream car in no time, saying "I'm glad we didn't get that other one"

Jessica said...

Thanks for all you words of encouragement. Gerry... What you say is so true. I keep trying to remind myself of that.

We are looking at another car today... this one is only a 1 hour drive away and I'm going with the mind set that this car may NOT be the one. I don't want to set myself up again.