Saturday, March 1, 2008

Last vacation post

I just had to do a post about snowmobiling while we were at the cabin. I promise it's the last one! This is one of those self photos where you hold the camera out in front of you. Craig and I went snowmobiling by ourselves most of the week. Caleb, Jordan, Glen and Sue came up on Thursday and joined us for the last few days to go snowmobiling. It was absolutely beautiful!! During the week the trails were perfectly groomed with plenty of snow. We couldn't have asked for better trail riding. The scenery is what gets to me. I can just be riding along and start squealing because some areas really touch me. The trails are through every kind of terrain you can imagine.... woods, fields, hills and valleys, over rivers and streams.It was very cold and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to stay warm but that wasn't a problem. We just bundled up really good and thank God for heated hand grips. As long as we were moving and my hands were wrapped around those grips I stayed toasty. Whenever we stopped and I took my mittens off to take photos is when my hand froze.This was one of my favorite trails. This one had a long area that was through a pine forest. It was like riding through a tunnel. Personally I rode about 350 miles for the week. Craig rode almost 500 miles as he rode a lot more with the kids and our friends when they came up. I was happy that they gave me a little break. Here's Craig and Caleb leaving the cabin to hit the trails. And Jordan too.
Thanks for letting me share our vacation with you. If any of you are interested in where we stayed here is the website for the cabin we rented. Click here. The owners are great and they think of everything to make the place so comfortable and cozy. I'm sure we'll be back again.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Jessica: I have enjoyed your vacation posts and think the photos are fascinating. I am not tired of them. If you have more to post, please do so.

Ferndoggle said...

What an incredible vacation! I love all of these pictures. You are a fantastic photographer.

I will admit, I feel chilled just looking at al of that snow!!

Jen