Monday, March 31, 2008

I didn't want to do it

The last thing I wanted to do was activate comment word verification. I've had my blog for nearly two years and never once have I had a problem with spam comments and things trying to download on my computer from them until the last month or so. I keep deleting them and saying "OK, one more chance" and then another will come and then another. I even got another one today. I'm sorry to have had to activate that feature but I hope you will understand. I always wondered why people used that option when I'd never had a problem.... now I know. I hope that doesn't deter you from leaving comments.... I love hearing from you.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

It hasn't stopped you from commenting on mine.

If someone wants to comment bad enough, they will overlook word verification. Plus some people like Liquid make a game of it when it looks like a word that pertains to the poster.

Anonymous said...

I use word press. Every time I get a comment that is from someone new I have to accept it before it is shown. Lately I have had to delete more suspicious comments than usual. So I totally understand.