Friday, January 4, 2008

Senior Pictures

I put off having Caleb's senior pictures taken. Mostly because in the back of my mind I thought I could take them myself and save money doing it. Some months ago I ran the idea by Caleb but he did not like the idea at all. After talking to him and trying to convince him that we could do some cool stuff he agreed to give it a try. Well, time just went on and we never did try it. I think I was afraid of it since I am only a wanna be photographer... there is so much I don't know.

As we started approaching Caleb's last semester of high school I realized that we were running out of time, so I broke down and made an appointment with a professional. Only one other time have I ever had professional pictures taken of the kids.

Today was Caleb's sitting. He got to take 4 clothing changes and do indoor and outdoor shots. It turned out to be a lot of fun. Caleb was relaxed and enjoyed the whole session. We took advantage of it being winter and even took his snowmobile and all his snowmobile gear for a few outdoor shots. The photographer has this really cool 100 year old barn and we took some awesome pictures in there too. We even incorporated his guitar into some. And per my request I had some taken of Caleb in his suit and tie. He was so handsome!! I can't wait to see the proofs. We should have them in a week.

1 comment:

Minerva said...

I like your blog! I left a comment for you on my blog as well. I also have a high school age son who plays guitar. We have 9 guitars in my house- my husband plays too.
-Margaret