Sunday, January 6, 2008

It was fun while it lasted

The snow started New Years Eve and didn't stop for days. It was wonderful. By the time it stopped we had nearly 2 feet in the back yard. And being it was the holiday we had time off to enjoy it. Craig and I both went grooming but Craig was out there twice as much as I was. And when we weren't in the groomer we were on the sleds, the kids too and their friends. But....... all good things must come to an end.

It is nearly 55 degrees today and the snow is melting FAST. It just looks like a huge mud hole out there now. I keep telling myself that it's only the beginning of Jan. and that we have 2 more months of possible good snow but it is still disappointing. The best thing about snow is that it makes Craig sooooo happy. He's like a little kid. I love seeing him like that. If you go to my "Through The Viewfinder" blog you can see photos I took out on the trail this week.

Other than our snow disappearing, its been a good weekend. We stayed home for most of it. I got a lot of stuff done around the house and did some cooking. I made the best pot of beef stew today. It was actually one of those weekends where I feel like I am prepared to go back to work tomorrow. Seems like they are so few and far between these days.

The holidays are over and the kids are heading back to school tomorrow..... back to our normal routine and I am ready.

1 comment:

Minerva said...

It's nice to see a happy husband, isn't it? :)
It's going to be in the 60's here this week. No snow in sight.