Sunday, January 6, 2008

Our upcoming vacation

I'm thinking about this every day now. This is the log cabin that we rented for a week up north a few years ago. In the worst way I wanted to rent it again last year but it never worked out for us. I decided that I didn't want another year to go by without vacationing there again. We just reserved it for the week of Feb. 17th. I can't wait to go again!!! It is my dream vacation.

It's all cozy deep in the woods, secluded, on a river, wildlife everywhere (the deer wander all around the cabin), a fireplace..... No cell phones, no computer, no tv, no eating out.....

It's so relaxing. This is how I want to retire. I wish we were leaving tomorrow.

6 comments:

Cliff said...

Sounds good. A week of quiet would be a treat in my world.

Vintage Bunny said...

I' ll take the mountains any day over the beach!
It is beautiful!!!

Balboa said...

WOW, it must be so peaceful and serene.

That's why we love camping, you get away from everything and just enjoy each other.

Karen

Minerva said...

This place is the perfect place to knit...You have a few more months to learn! :)

Minerva said...

OOPS--I guess you have a few more WEEKS to learn!

Anonymous said...

I guess I had it all at one time: just did not always realize it. I didn't vacation in the northern woods...I live there year in and year out for many years. I didn't need photos of gorgeous sunrises or sunsets with nothing much but trees to block the view. Saw then on my way to and from the barn every morning and evening. And cooking? Needed every gadget I could get. Six children, a husband,a brother-in-law and quite often, a father-in-law. I now am. Me, my dog and two cats! I'll be visiting now and then. Mary from Meander With Me