Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Friends

I've been noticing something the last few months that is making me extremely happy. Caleb and Jordan are real friends. Don't get me wrong, they have always cared about each other and I think they have always been friends but I'm sensing a more affectionate relationship between the two of them and I think they are developing a new appreciation and fondness of each other. It is warming my heart. It's something that I have prayed for.

I watch the two of them around the house laughing and sharing inside jokes. They have mutual friends and they all go out and have fun together. When we have two cars somewhere Jordan will choose to ride home with Caleb rather than Craig and I. Caleb will compliment his sister. Caleb came home the other day and told me that Jordan gave him a hug when he stopped to see her at band camp. Jordan will invite Caleb to join her and her friends. These are just a few that come to mind.

It has always been one of the great disappointments in my life that I don't have this type of relationship with my only brother. It was not at fault of either one of us. We have so different lives. Not that I don't love my brother and I always hope the best for him and I am truly happy when things are going good for him and I grieve when they are not, but we do not have an affectionate relationship. And being that I don't have any other siblings this is very sad to me. So you can see how important it is to me that Caleb and Jordan can have what I never did. They are all they have.

So it is with great joy that I am witnessing Caleb and Jordan's friendship.

1 comment:

Balboa said...

that is wonderful, there are so many scary things in this world. It is WONDERFUL that your children get along, but they obviously learned from you how important family is.