Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rain

I will admit that I am a weather watcher. What is the fascination with the weather? Sometime between 10:30 and 11:00 I head upstairs to bed. The local news comes on at 11:00 and it is my gaol to stay awake long enough for the weather segment at 11:15. I usually only manage to stay awake about half the time. And during the day if I don't catch the weather on TV then I can easily log onto the computer and get an update. Will it be a sweltering 90 degrees today with high humidity? Will we FINALLY get that snow we've been praying for all winter so we can go snowmobiling? Won't it please rain; we just fertilized the lawn. Tomorrow is church on the lawn; is it going to rain?

We've been in a terrible draught for most of the summer but not anymore, at least not at our house. I bought a rain gage at the beginning of the summer. There's hardly been a drop in it for all of June and July. And my water bill of $165 for the month of July will attest to that. In the last week we have gotten 8 inches of rain!! Luckily we have no flooding issues but some areas in the community are having problems with that too.

I am loving walking outside in the yard to a lush green lawn, and not having to be a slave to watering my gardens. It's just so refreshing. It poured rain and stormed through the night last night. And now the sky is blue and the sun is out.........

2 comments:

Frasier said...

I am weather obsessed too!I watch the news or log onto the weather all the time.My Sunday clothes depends on the weather!Though my church is freezing in summer and hot in winter !
I enjoy the rain as long as there is no thunder!

Frasier said...

Hi
I have a question for you.I noticed that you like reading The Message Bible and wanted to ask you if you know how much it differs from a NIV ?The reason I ask is that I want to get my mom a Bible for Christmas.Her criteria is that it should fit in her purse!I have seen a compact Message Bible but since I have never used it....I was not sure
Thanks