Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oh What a Day!

My first hummingbird arrived today!  I'm not sure but I think there were two buzzing around, a male and a female.  Welcome home little ones.  
A little while later this handsome fellow shows up.  A male Rose Breasted Grosbeak.  He's a beauty!
And I saved the best for last.  My precious Orioles have returned.  All this in one day!  I could hardly contain myself.  
There have been two males fluttering around the yard all afternoon enjoying the nectar, oranges and grape jelly.  
Last year was my first year ever for Orioles despite the fact that I tried for years to attract them.  I had all but given up when last May one just landed in a tree a few feet from me and then few over to the hummingbird feeder.  As fast as you can say "Oriole" I turned my back yard into an Oriole sanctuary in hopes that they would stay all summer.... and they did.  

Oh, I love spring and I love my Orioles!

6 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm so glad the hummers are here! So many beautiful photos! I hope I can get one of your orioles to visit me!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Gorgeous pictures.Each of these birds is so colorful and a most welcome addition to any yard.
Blessings,Ruth

Minerva said...

These pictures are great! I love the grosbeak. And the orioles are beautifully vivid. You had a great birding day!

Pigeon said...

Beautiful shots of beautiful birds.
I am impressed. Now send those birds my way!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Jessica, Glad you got a picture of your hummer... Neat!!!! I'm still waiting.

Love the Rose-breasted Grosbeak... I have lots of them here this week--including the females (which look SO different). They are migrating ---so I won't have them long. Sniff Sniff!!!

I hope to see an Oriole someday here also. They are so beautiful.

Hugs,
Betsy

Jen said...

I feel your joy!!!