Saturday, November 22, 2008

Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow


Zoe accompanied me outside early this morning to help me feed the birds.  Unlike Seadra who cries at the back door wanting back in within a few minutes, Zoe loves the snow.  She wants to run and play and bury her face in it.  She usually lasts about 10 or 15 minutes before she gets really cold and wants to join Seadra in the house.  

We got a ton of snow Thursday night and Friday.  It won't last long as temps are suppose to be in the 40's at the beginning of the week.  But it has gotten us all excited about winter approaching.  As most of you know we do not complain about the snow at our house (although, I do really dislike driving to work in it).  Caleb already took one of the snowmobiles out in the back yard for a spin.  The trails do not open until Dec. 1st.  I can hardly wait for those late night and early morning rides out on the trails in the groomer.  

I got another phone call from Craig this morning.  The race has been going on for about 24 hours (I guess it lasts about 36 hours).  He was tired but still very excited about it all.  He was going to get a few hours of sleep and then get back out there for the end of the race.  I told him to take a lot of photos so I could see what Mexico looks like since I've never been there.  

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend!   

7 comments:

Denise said...

How cute. Our Caesar, God bless his soul, loved the snow too. Every snowball had to be found. He'd root up the entire front yard to find the snowball.

Shelley said...

How heartwarming to see Zoe's pure joy in playing in the snow! Love it!
P.S. There are many great places to visit in Mexico - hubby has taken me all over. Playa del Carmen is my fave.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet snowy face.

Glad your DH is having a good time.

Ben said...

We got a couple inches of snow where we live, but not a flake where I work 28 miles away! Seems like an early winter. And I hope you can share a picture or two from Craig's trip on your blog - sounds interesting!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures of Zoe enjoying the snow.I have two indoor/outdoor cats that love this kind of weather too.

Minerva said...

Those are the cutest pictures I've seen in a long time. Thanks for making me smile!

gerry said...

I am so jealous. I am very partial to snow especialy because I met my husband in a blizzard. We had a dusting, but I can't wait for the real stuff.