Friday, August 29, 2008

WOF & Friday Outing

It's a rare occasion when all 4 of us have the day off so we decided to go to Saugatuck for the day. Saugatuck is this little artsy town on Lake Michigan about an hour north of us. Most of the shops have unique pieces of art that are way out of our price range but it's fun to look just the same.
I found this while we were there. It's my WOF offering. This was hanging out the upstairs window of one of the shops.
We had lunch at Coral Gables. It's a restaurant along the board walk of the marina. We walked along the boardwalk and looked at the million dollar yachts. Only in our dreams....
Most all the shops had seating outside along the sidewalks. These Adirondack chairs were so comfortable. Now I want to make some for the back yard around the fire pit.
We found this incredible chocolate fudge shop.
Jordan and I decided to splurge and treated ourselves to a "Turtle Caramel Apple". Yummy!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is quite a pair of stockings the young lady is wearing. LOL

Minerva said...

That's a great WOF! And that little town looks like it's just up my alley.

Ben said...

Looks like an excellent day off for you all - interesting WOF, too.

Anonymous said...

I love little towns like that. That is one of my favorite ways to spend a day. Nice wof too!

Shelley said...

What a fun trip! And I know what you mean about those adirondack chairs - I love them! If I could make them - I would so I envy you having the talent!
P.S. I just saw that those chairs were on sale at Garden Ridge for $39.00!

Jen said...

Great WOF! My hubby would have wanted to go into that store. lol
You have a great looking family. :)

Laura said...

Fun! This time last year we got Adirondack chairs on clearance at Menards for $20! We did have to assemble and paint them, but hey, what a deal. They may have some this summer, too.