Saturday, August 30, 2008

Free to a good home

I picked up this book at a flea market for $1 and I found it really interesting. I wish I could come across a book like this for my area in Michigan but this is the only one I've ever seen like this.
The title of this book is "Birds of the Toledo Area" by Lou Campbell with illustrations by Patricia Eckhart. It was published by the Toledo Blade Company with a copyright of 1968. If you are from the Toledo area and you enjoy birds or nature and you think you would like this book just let me know and I will be happy to mail it to you for free.
What I found so interesting was that it talks about the Toledo area specifically listing nesting areas, sightings by specific people. In migrating birds, it tells the earliest arrival sighting, the average arrival and the same with departures and the years of these recordings. The book gives general description of the birds but then goes on to give details about each bird specific to Toledo. And although the data is 40 years old I think it's still fascinating to know this data from that long ago, especially if you are from this area. And if you are really into birds it might be neat to compare the data to now.
If you are interested just email me at... seadrazozo @ hotmail.com (leave out the spaces that I put in for spam). And if you not from this area but know someone who is please send them my way.

1 comment:

Ben said...

If no one has made a request, I would love to have the book, since we live within pretty close range of Toledo. If it is still in your possession, I'll send my address. (If it's gone, that's cool, too.) Thanks!