Friday, October 26, 2007

I am so frustrated!!

I decided that I am only half of a wanna be photographer so I went and bought the new Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. I figured that if I really wanted to be a photographer that I needed to learn how to use Photoshop to really utilize my photos. And....I am nothing but frustrated!!
Here's my first attempt. I messed around with it for hours last night and all I came up with was this photo. I learned how to put a wig and crown on Seadra and a flower in Craig's hand. I was so frustrated and angry that I wanted to hit something. I imagined that I would be able to sit down and create masterpieces. HA!!
I had to walk away from it. I've decided that I need to educate myself so I got on Amazon this morning to order an "Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 for Dummies". I'm a dummy when it comes to this stuff so maybe the dummy book will help me. But..... Elements 6 is the newest version and just released and the how to books aren't released until December. Great!! Do I just order the #5 version book or do I wait until December?
I am determined to learn this stuff. I talked to a photographer at an art show a few weeks ago and he swears by this software. So many of my online friends do the coolest things with Photoshop and I want to join in too.
Wish me luck......that I can learn this stuff and that I don't kill someone in the process.

2 comments:

Stylin said...

I' m cheap so I downloaded gimp and that made me want to kick myself!!!
You did great though,that flower looks like he had it in his hand!
PS:I always have a problem with my clothes....I have all the closets full yet always say that i dont have any clothes !!!

Balboa said...

I think you did a pretty good job for your first time. I want to purchase that, but must find the money first!!! hee hee

Karen