Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My new best friend

I am happy to report that my new best friend Mr. Oriole has been around for 5 days in a row.
I was so fearful that he was only making a brief appearance and for all I know he may still be on his way but I am thrilled to have seen him this long. I've even seen Mrs. Oriole with him twice.
I've had several people tell me that they usually only migrate through this area but then I had someone tell me today that they had them nesting around here before.
I'm doing everything I can to entice him to stay. I put oranges out and I see evidence of pecking on them. And I also bought an oriole feeder which he loves. But his favorite is the hummingbird feeder.
He loves the bird bath too. It's so fun to watch him fly all over the yard. I hope he stays!!

6 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Very nice photos.

Russ via Blogger Next Blog

The Brat Pack said...

Just gorgeous! I'm so happy he decided to hang around, although I don't know why he'd leave! He has it made there! :)

Minerva said...

I went to a dinner party in the neighborhood Sunday night- One of my neighbors said, "The orioles are back!" (and she wasn't talking about our baseball team) Apparently they are inhabiting the wetlands behind the neighborhood. I've gotta go find them!

Ben said...

Nice color on that bird! Being originally from Baltimore, I'm partial to Orioles. Ravens, not so much.

Peanut said...

He beautiful. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with your blog. I will try and do better.

Shelley said...

You are a great host, I see no reason why Mr. Oriole should not stay and enjoy your backyard all summer!