Friday, September 7, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten

This was Caleb exactly 12 years ago on his first day of kindergarten. My mind has been going back to this day a lot this week with Caleb just starting his senior year of high school. I remember this day very vividly!! I didn't think I was going to be one of those emotional mother's who cried when they dropped their kid off for the first day of kindergarten; I was wrong. But mine was a different kind of cry. Caleb was not the clingy type of kid that didn't like me out of his sight. In fact, he was the opposite. He was very comfortable going to school. My tears were tears of pride. I was so proud of that little boy and my pride was spilling over. Much the same way that I am today when I cry at Caleb's musicals or any of the kids activities. That's just the way I am and always will be.

Senior year is really different from kindergarten. What will Caleb do after graduation? Where will he continue is education? What will he study? Where will he work? Who will Caleb fall in love with? Where will he live? I only hope and pray that the decisions Caleb makes after graduation will make him happy.....equally as much happiness that he has brought to Craig and I.

1 comment:

Balboa said...

what a smile in that pic, its hard to imagine your children growing up and leading their own lives. I know I don't have kids, but I see it with the High school kids I work with. Will they take all the life lessons they learned? will they go to college? Will they become the adults we hope they will become?