Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm Back

Hello my faithful blog followers. I know you are feeling neglected these days. But do not give up on me. I throughly enjoy my blog and do not intend to stop blogging any time soon. I know it's the same old song and dance but time seems to be flying by. Jordan's senior year keeps us hopping from one activity to another and we are relishing every moment of it.

The latest news around here is that we just got home from a 10 day vacation in Florida and the Caribbean. We went on a cruise with Craig's parents. It was wonderful. I'll spend the next week blogging about our trip.

We had a couple of days in Florida before we left on the cruise and Kay and Roger had a few wonderful things planned for us. Early Saturday morning we went on a 90 minute airboat ride down this amazing river and lake. Weeks ago I had mentioned that I really wanted to go on one of those rides when we came down and Roger did his homework and asked around about where the best place to go would be. We were not disappointed!
I have a new appreciation for Florida's beauty.
This was an abandoned airplane that had been on the lake since 1979. Our guide had us walk out onto the wing for a photo.
My photos do not do it justice. Every turn we took was breathtaking.
We saw a few small alligators and our guide kept apologizing for not seeing any larger ones. Little did he know that seeing an alligator was not a priority to me..... I was much more interested in the birds! And they were everywhere!!!!
It was truly a gift.

2 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I can only imagine how exciting it would be to see some of the birds there.Looking forward to many more pictures.
Blessings,Ruth

Minerva said...

Glad you're back and had a good time! Can't wait to see pictures. Did the dogs and kids miss you?