Monday, November 23, 2009

I love my birdies!

We've been so busy lately that I haven't gotten outside much to photograph my birds. I managed to get outside for a few minutes yesterday. Mr. Redbellied is so beautiful!
I'm looking forward to snow arriving soon. Winter is my favorite time to photograph birds as well as all things in nature. The birds are always abundant and active and everything is so crisp and clean.

Craig was busy all weekend with the snowmobile club marking the snowmobile trails. It's official now..... winter will be arriving soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. I love woodpeckers, but I rarely get to see them here. I suppose that is what makes each sighting so special.

Winter ... hmmmmmm, we're STILL in the 80's, although that is supposed to change tomorrow.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The Red-bellied is a beautiful bird.I hope you are right about winter being here soon.I am VERY tired of the drab browns around.We need snow to brighten things up.
Blessings,Ruth

Minerva said...

I thought the woodpeckers flew off for the winter. I guess I'd better keep my eye out for my friends. My feeder seems to be attracting chickadees and titmice right now.
Great pictures! Are they from your new camera?