Thursday, March 1, 2007

March....In Like a Lion



I woke up at 4:00 this morning. In my still half conscious state I heard water running. I looked at the clock and said to myself "Who is in the shower at 4:00 in the morning?". Upon waking up a little more I realized that it was pouring rain outside. I got up and looked out the window but the window was all iced up. Then I noticed the constant lightening in the sky. Normally I would have loved it. One of my favorite things to do is lay in bed and watch and listen to a rain storm. But I couldn't get out of my head that soon I would be out driving to work and I was afraid it would be an awful drive with the ice and all. Luckily the roads were not bad once I was on my way to work. But I did drive through some heavy rain and even hail. Strange for March 1st.

I worked until 12:30 and then I did something some people would never do. I went to see a movie all by myself. There once was a time I would have never dreamed of seeing a movie by myself either. I used to even feel embarrassed for others when I saw someone at a movie alone. This is only the 3rd time I have done this. Sometimes there is a movie that I know Craig and the kids would not enjoy seeing so I go alone. This time it was "Amazing Grace". Pastor Ron showed a clip of this movie during church a few weeks ago. It was not what I was expecting. I was mistaken. I thought it was about John Newton, the slave ship captain in the 1700's that wrote the hymn "Amazing Grace". Although, he was a character in the movie it was about William Wilberforce and his life commitment to end the slave trade in England. I guess it was a good movie but it was very hard for me to follow. They talked like the King James Version of the bible and I had to struggle to understand. It did have a wonderful and inspirational ending. I'm glad I didn't drag the kids and Craig to see it. It was not their type of movie.

Craig left this morning with 3 others guys in the snowmobile club. They are going to a groomer workshop in the U.P. and while they are there they are taking advantage of being in snowmobile heaven and doing a few days of snowmobiling too. They will be home Sunday night. The kids and I will do what we always do when Craig is gone.....eat out.

No comments: