Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Wren

My poor birdies have been neglected lately, same thing with my blog. I stopped feeding my birds for a few months when the bluebirds showed up. I was trying to keep the bluebirds safe and undisturbed so I figured not feeding the other birds would help. Sooooo, now the bluebirds are gone and I am REALLY missing my regular birds. For the last few weeks I've been trying to entice them back and slowly but surely they are returning. My goldfinches, chickadees, nuthatches, blue jays, and titmice are here. I'm still waiting for my beloved woodpeckers.

And I still do have one nesting bird in the back yard. A precious little wren. The photo above shows one of the babies peeking out into the world. I'm betting they will be fledging any day. This little guy looked so tempted to jump out. He'd stick his whole body out but then he'd get scared and dart back in.

Summer is winding down and we are looking forward to school, marching season, and all the wonderful things that fall holds. Yesterday Jordan was working on college applications and essays. Craig, Jordan and I will be making visits to U of M and Ferris State in the next few weeks. This will be an exciting year for her and a hard one for Mom! Soon Jordan will be the one fledging!

No comments: