Sunday, May 7, 2006

Sleep



It's Sunday afternoon........a beautiful spring day. I am sitting out on the front porch with Seadra and Zoe. Seadra is content to listen to the sounds and watch the birds but Zoe is so content as to sleep at my feet. I've been watching her for about 15 minutes now. Every once in a while her eyes open to barely slits and she changes positions. I have noticed that she has carefully placed herself to where the suns rays are keeping her warm too.

Watching her has gotten me to wondering....What does the bible say about sleep. I have just read several passages about sleep and have picked out my favorite....Psalm 4:8 (The Message) "At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep, For You, God, have put my life back together." To me this says that I can sleep because God has kept me safe and made me content.

Looking at Zoe reminds me to be content with what I have. How does this make sense? What does a dog have to be content with? She doesn't own anything? That's exactly my point. She is content with the love of her family. She may not understand that God gave her to us so she should thank God for this love but I understand it. God has given me my family and I feel their love and warmth and security. For this I am so thankful for.

At the end of the day I hope you sleep sound........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah.....the simple life of the doggies. They look so comfortable.