Friday, May 12, 2006

Rain




God has given us beautiful rain for 2 days solid. I have been praying for rain to transform us into a wondrous spring. You won't hear me complain about the rain. You never appreciate the color green as you do in early spring. "Blessed by God be his land:The best fresh dew from high heaven,and fountains springing from the depths..." Duet. 33: 13.

I ran some errands and did some shopping this morning and everywhere I went it continued to rain, light and steady. I loved it. When you realize that even rainy days are a gift from God then you can appreciate the outcome of the rain. That is my positive outlook for the day......

I was by myself in Kalamazoo today so I took the opportunity to go the Family Christian Book Store. I walked around and looked at all the books for about an hour or more. So many books....so little time....so little money!! I did buy "Through the Gate of Splendor" by Elizabeth Elliott, the missionary story of Jim Elliott and 4 other missionaries that were murdered in 1956 in Ecuador. I have recently become aware of their story from the movie "End of the Spear" and am curious to read more about it.

Enjoy the rain!!! And the blessings.

No comments: