Monday, January 8, 2007

Florida

Well, after months and months of anticipation and even canceling our vacation because of my hospitalization right when we were suppose to leave, we finally made it to Florida/Disney and joined the rest of the family.

I started to get sick about a week before we were to leave. Tuesday I started getting desperate and went to the doctor because I was feeling worse and worse. I was told that it was only a viral cold and was not given anything. By Wednesday night I was in agony. I couldn't breath, my headache was the worst, and I could barely move. Craig took me to the ER in the wee hours on Thursday. After tests and Xrays it was determined that I had pneumonia. I was loaded up with morphine and antibiotics and sent on my way. As soon as I got home and the drugs wore off I was worse than when I went to the ER in the first place. Craig took me back to the ER again in the afternoon and this time they admitted me. I tested positive for mico-plasma pneumonia, a type of micro organism pneumonia. The good part was that it was treatable with antibiotics. After 4 days in the hospital I came home on Xmas Eve.

At this point Craig and I had cancelled our vacation and put the kids on a plane and they were in Florida with Craig's parents as originally planned. The next day Jordan decided to send me an email from Florida telling me how much she missed us all being together and that it wasn't going to be the same without us. It was this event that made us decide to try and go to Florida to be with the family.

Craig and I flew down on Wednesday. I have to say that I was very nervous as to if I was making the right decision. But much to my surprise I did much better than I thought I would. It was the right decision to go. When I got tired I just went back to the resort and rested. The kids were especially happy that we were there. It was nice being all together with Craig's family.

Here are some pictures of the trip..............













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been anxiously awaiting your email saying you were home safe and sound! I'm so happy to hear your trip was better than you expected! I loved your pictures, too. Your kids are beautiful (and such beautiful teeth!!!) I hope you're feeling good. Can't wait to see you again!

Lots of love,

Darcy :)